The Junior League of Salt Lake City, Inc. is a charitable organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action, education and leadership of trained volunteers.
Help us raise funds for the Junior League of Salt Lake City through this incredible day of fundraising hosted by the Community Foundation of Utah.
On Thursday, March 26th, nonprofit organizations all across the state will raise money through a single online donation platform, making it easy for people who support Junior League, its mission, and its projects to give. This is a 24-hour fundraising event hosted through the generous support of sponsors, and will offer hundreds of nonprofits the opportunity to raise millions of dollars.
How Do I Participate?
1. Visit this website http://loveutgiveut.razoo.com/story/Junior-League-Of-Salt-Lake-City on March 26th.
2. Click the “Donate” button and give what you can.
3. Share your donation and support of Junior League of Salt Lake City on your social media platforms.
4. If you’re unable to participate the day of the event, donate now! All donations given from now until March 26th will be scheduled for the March 26th date.
5. Offer a matching donation challenge! If you’re a business or just someone that loves JLSLC a lot, help us with a matching grant by contacting Vicki Harder at 801-860-1804.
Take the $10 Challenge
Every donation given on March 26th qualifies Junior League for challenge grants and prizes. Awards are given based on the number of unique donors, which means we want lots of people to donate any amount they can!
To make this an attainable goal, we’re asking all who support Junior League to donate at least $10. That’s less than you’ll spend on lunch! That means if your household has a budget to donate of $40, make sure each person logs in to donate $10. This will help us move up the ranks in the Medium Nonprofit category and mean even more money to help Junior League with its mission & projects! Share our goal with your friends and family to donate $10 on March 26.
I donated. Now what?
Thank you! Here are some things you can do to help us raise funds and celebrate Love UT Give UT day:
1. Share your donation on social media
2. Like & follow JLSLC on Facebook & Twitter
3. Attend our fundraising event at Beer Bar (161 East 200 South) at 6:00 - 9:00 PM and meet some great members of JLSLC!
4. Your donation is a tax write-off, so keep your receipt to file with your 2015 tax return
The Junior League of Salt Lake City (JLSLC) is excited to kick off our annual Friends of the League Campaign! Each donation we receive is a positive reminder that we are working together for change in our community. Your donation, no matter how big or small, will help to continue our mission to promote voluntarism, develop the potential of women, and improve communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
Current JLSLC community projects include:
Junior League CARE Fair - served more than 3,600 people in the Salt Lake Community
Women Helping Women Clothing Boutique - served approximately 600 women this year since June
Kids in the Kitchen - partnering with the YWCA shelter to provide nutritional education to moms and kids that are staying at the shelter while finding affordable housing.
Annual Junior League CARE Fair - July 10-11!
The Junior League Community Assistance and Resource Event (CARE) Fair is an annual, two-day event organized and directed by the Junior League of Salt Lake City. It is offered for families needing routine medical services and community assistance information. These medical services are provided free of charge at the Junior League CARE Fair!
Parents and children may apply for and receive the following free services:
- Medical examinations and immunizations
- Hearing, vision and dental screening
- Diabetes and cholesterol screening
- Breast and pelvic exams. Vouchers for free mammograms off-site are made available as well as follow up care when available.
- Participants may be eligible for health- and safety-related items such as car seats, bike helmets, etc.
Photo courtesy of Kari Sikorski Photography
If you're going to do some shopping on Amazon, use this link and .5% of your purchase will be donated to the Junior League of Salt Lake! Increase the good you're doing by shopping through the AmazonSmile program!