The Junior League Community Assistance and Resource Event (CARE) Fair is an annual, two-day event organized and directed by the Junior League of Salt Lake City for families needing routine medical services and community assistance information. Typically, major barriers (i.e., time, language, financial, and transportation constraints) prevent some Utah families from receiving many basic health and human services. The Junior League CARE Fair eliminates many of these barriers by bringing together community agencies and medical service providers at one time and in one place. These medical services are provided free of charge at the Junior League CARE Fair!
Parents and children may apply for and receive the following free services:
– Medical examinations and immunizations
– Hearing, vision and dental screening,
– Diabetes and cholesterol screening,
– Breast and pelvic exams. Vouchers for free mammograms off-site are made available as well as follow up care when available,
– HIV/STD testing
– Participants may be eligible for health- and safety-related items such as car seats, bike helmets, etc.
CARE Fair is produced by the Junior League and is staffed with our members in addition to volunteers from the community. The Junior League CARE Fair is held each year in July or August. For the past several years, the Horizonte Training and Instruction Center has been the site for the fair.