Women Helping Women is a project in which Junior League volunteers collect, prepare, and distribute donated professional women’s clothing. These clothes are given to women entering the workforce and who are in transition towards self-sufficiency. Clients are referred to the project by government and social service agencies. Women Helping Women has served over 17,000 women since 1996.
We are accepting donations of:
- professional clothing
- bags and accessories
- toiletries (new only)
Donations MUST be bagged and dropped off in the bins just outside our front doors.
The Junior League of Salt Lake City’s Women Helping Women Boutique is planning to reopen on June 5th, 2021.
We are excited to get back to providing this much-needed service to our community!
Due to the ongoing COVID pandemic
- Masks are required and social distancing will be enforced.
- Only 10 people will be allowed in the boutique at a time.
- It is first-come, first-served.
- Depending on demand, we may not be able to accommodate every client.
If you would like to become a referring agency, click on the link below to fill out the request form.
INFORMATION FOR CLIENTS
of the Women Helping Women Boutique:
Clients who have been referred for hygiene kits previously will have one year after our reopening to obtain their clothing allowance. Clients whose accounts were active when we closed due to the pandemic will also have one year after our reopening to obtain their remaining allotment.
Initially, ONLY SATURDAYS: 10 am to 1 pm
We hope to expand back to our regular hours in July.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- Government-issued ID will be required every time you visit the Boutique
- Men and children are not allowed in the Boutique
- All clients will receive 9 complete outfits for the year. This will be tracked in our records, so you can return to pick out seasonally appropriate clothing
- Women Helping Women Boutique volunteers can assist you in selecting the perfect outfit for your professional situation
Women Helping Women is supported by the following Sponsors.