Women Helping Women (WHW) is a project in which Junior League volunteers collect, prepare, and distribute donated professional women’s clothing. These clothes are given to women entering the workforce and who are in transition towards self-sufficiency. Clients are referred to the project by government and social service agencies. Women Helping Women has served over 17,000 women since 1996.
INFORMATION FOR CLIENTS:
The Boutique will be open for CLIENTS
Saturdays from 10:00a-12:00p
Thursday evenings from 6:00p-8:00p
We are closed for all major holidays.
When You Arrive:
- Government-issued ID will be required every time you visit the Boutique
- Men and children are not allowed in the Boutique
- All clients will receive 9 complete outfits for the year. This will be tracked in our records, so you can return to pick out seasonally appropriate clothing
- Women Helping Women Boutique volunteers can assist you in selecting the perfect outfit for your professional situation
- It is first-come, first-served.
- Depending on demand, we may not be able to accommodate every client.
We are currently accepting donations. To better serve the needs of our clients, please use the following donation guidelines:
- NO DRY CLEAN ONLY ITEMS – the majority of our clients are unable to utilize dry cleaning services
- NO SLACKS, BLAZERS, OR DRESSES – the workplace today is often a business casual environment and these items are not appropriate for our clients
- NO HIGH HEELS – many of our clients are in need of comfortable shoes for working on their feet
- NOTHING OLDER THAN 10 YEARS – our clients should feel confident getting out into the workplace and ensuring they have current options is key
We are currently in need of jeans (no holes or rips) in sizes 8 and up.
Donations can be dropped off Monday – Thursday from 9:30a-1:30p
Please note – The hours listed above for donations, are NOT the hours that the Women Helping Women boutique is open to clients.
Please do NOT leave donations at our offices outside of office hours as they will likely be stolen, rifled through by others, or possibly damaged in inclement weather.
If you would like to become a referring agency, click on the link below to fill out the request form.